The Bell 47 Helicopter Association (B47HA) was started in 2000. Our membership is open to Bell 47 Pilots, Mechanics, and related Bell 47 Personnel interested in the Bell 47 Helicopter. Our association has been approved by Bell Textron and we use the Bell 47 name & moniker with their legally stated permission. B47HA is an approved affiliate of The Helicopter Association International (HAI).
B47HA is a registered 501C Non-Profit corporation. Under board of trustees action in 2002 and CPA advise we elected to be a registered NJ business corporation and pay taxes accordingly. This decision was reached for two major reasons. First, B47HA does not solicit helicopters as donations or wish to incur the liability of such now or in the future. Secondly, we choose to have the freedom to use our voice in a proactive nature to better serve or mission and not be hampered by excessive federal control. All tax returns are overseen by our CPA and prepared by them.
B47HA is a worldwide association and growing with members in The USA, Mexico, Italy, Australia, Africa, Canada, United Kingdom, and New Zealand.
Our purpose and mission statement
It is the goal and purpose of the Bell 47 Helicopter Association to support and preserve the history of the Bell 47, so it may continue to fly. The association will help coordinate actions and interests among the thousands of Bell 47 flyers, owners, operators, and enthusiasts nationally and worldwide; promoting training, safety, and public interest in the Bell 47. The Association will also act as a lobby for Bell 47 needs and interests while preserving its history, facilitating communication, and camaraderie among Bell 47 people.
B47HA depends not only on the skills, abilities, and commitments of all its members and officers, but also on their integrity and collective common sense. The five key relationships in which members and officers participate involve rotorwing industry officials, customers, suppliers, employees, and the communities in which we operate. The following commitments serve as the basis for shaping these relationships.
- We will strive to increase Bell 47 Helicopter satisfaction by providing members with resources for quality products and services that are innovative and responsive to their requirements.
- We will treat our Rotorwing industry community fairly, honestly, and objectively.
- We will treat fellow members in a fair and even-handed manner and foster a culture rich in diversity that is based on trust, mutual respect, teamwork, and integrity.
- We will aggressively pursue growth objectives, while always keeping ethical standards in the forefront of our activities.
- In the communities of which we are members, we will act ethically and as responsible and responsive corporate citizens in compliance with the law.